50 Songs That Will Make Your Christmas And New Year’s Eve Party Fantastic
Summer has gone and we’re now experiencing the coldness and dark nights which lead us from Autumn into Winter. Once Halloween has been and gone, it won’t be long until it’s Christmas and then New Year’s Eve! Seems months away at the moment, but before you know it, you’ll be foraging around for that perfect list of songs to play at your party.
It’s always a chore when trying to select a list of the perfect songs to play at your Christmas or New Year’s Eve parties isn’t it? Well, worry not! We at Platinum Disco are here to guide you along the road to a selection of THE tunes to have played at your party! We’ve provided you with 30 top tracks for your New Year’s Eve Party and 20 top tracks for your Christmas Party below. Check them out!
The Top 30 tracks for your New Year’s Eve Party
1. Celebration – Kool & The Gang – A track that is loved by young and old, which will get everybody up on the dance floor after Big Ben’s chimes are heard.
2. Auld Lang Syne – Traditional – One year ends and another year comes rolling in. Most likely song to have you in floods of tears either with joy or with sorrow.
3. The Final Countdown – Europe – Why not rock out as the clock gets ever nearer to midnight? Make sure you have long hair to rock out to this though, or a wig!
4. Instant Replay – Dan Hartman – Probably most known now for being used as the music on the grabber machines at seaside piers, but a classic dance track which you’ll be singing along to in no time.
5. Fancy – Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX – You’ll be in the fast lane hoping that your Dad doesn’t throw his best dad dancing moves down on the dance floor! Don’t do it Dad! Think of the kids!!!
6. Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars – If you aren’t dancing to this track when it comes on you’re either two left-footed or you’re dead!
7. Y.M.C.A. – The Village People – You know the dance moves to this, don’t lie!
8. I’m A Believer – The Monkees – As soon as you hear this, Shrek will come to mind and you’ll be singing like you’re Donkey!
9. Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick – Ian Dury & The Blockheads – Back in the day this would have been seen as very naughty indeed, but now it’s seen as a funky sing-a-long track.
10. Hot Hot Hot – Arrow – Get your booty down to the floor, before you’re dragged down there! You know you’ll want to dance to this too!!!
11. Macarena – Los del Rio – We all know the dance moves. We do, don’t we?
12. Saturday Night – Whigfield – Is that a duck quacking in the background or are you just pleased to see me?
13. Happy – Pharrell Williams – Clapping is the new Nay Nay when this song starts. Watch out for people bumping into each other though!
14. Rapper’s Delight – The Sugarhill Gang – One of the world’s first rap songs, the thumping bass alone will have you be-bopping with your friends.
15. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham! – Do the jitterbug! Yes, you over in the corner there eating a sandwich! Get yourself on the dance floor now!
16. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen – One of THE catchy but also most irritating songs ever. It just had to be included for that reason alone!
17. 1999 – Prince – It may not be two thousand zero zero, but you’ll still be wishing it’s 1999 all over again when this starts.
18. Born Slippy – Underworld – Lager, Lager, Lager! You’ll be wanting more lagers after this track!!!
19. Single Ladies – Beyonce – All the ladies will be twerking to this one when it comes on, I’m sure.
20. Le Freak – Chic – Freak Out! A masterpiece of shouted choruses, funky guitars and cool bass playing will send you into the funk stratosphere baby!
21. We Are Family – Sister Sledge – If you’re with your family, here’s an excuse to get them all on the dance floor, even Mum!!!
22. That’s The Way (I Like It) – K.C. & The Sunshine Band – Very naughty back in the day. I wonder what the lyrics are about? 😉
23. Hold My Hand – Jess Glyne – Darling Hold My Hand! That’s what the girls will be singing to the boys across the dance floor when this comes on.
24. Easy Love – Sigala – The Jackson Five will come to mind when this comes on!
25. Calvin Harris & Disciples – How Deep Is Your Love – Time to make the floor burn with this track!
26. Get Lucky – Daft Punk – Funky, funky, funky! That is all!
27. Push It – Salt N Pepa – Naughty! Push it good! Sorry Dad!
28. Cheerleader – Omi – All the girls will love this track! You see!
29. I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas – A lighter anthem, but we won’t be playing with lighters at the party o.k.!!! Are you listening at the back?
30. Hey Ya – Outkast – Get your 60s freak on with this track. Yeah baby!
The Top 20 tracks for your Christmas Party!
31. White Christmas – Bing Crosby – One to mellow out to at the end of the night, when it’s time for everyone to go home.
32. Do They Know It’s Christmas – Band Aid – The whole venue will be screaming the chorus to this one. A timeless anthem which helped many lives and still does to this day.
33. Stay Another Day – East 17 – A very emotional track which will most likely make people cry but epitomises Christmas.
34. Last Christmas – Wham! – Has the knack of being an up-tempo track with a down-tempo theme. Classic track for the dance floor.
35. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee – One for Nan and Granddad to dance to.
36. Merry Christmas Everybody – Slade – One of the most popular Christmas songs of all time. You’ll all know the words!
37. All I want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey – A great track, with hints of Motown soul, sprinkled with Christmas love.
38. When A Child Is Born – Johnny Mathis – This one will make you reminisce about the past when it comes on. A slow jam to calm the pace of the evening.
39. Fairytale Of New York – Pogues Ft Kirsty MacColl – A classic track filled with the most funniest lyrics but also most poignant lyrics as well. The reason why it has been voted best Christmas track ever on many occasions.
40. Stop The Cavalry – Jona Lewie – One for people who love brass bands!
41. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard – One for the whole family, Christmas bells, and choirs too. Like a Christmas Lucky Bag (Do you remember those?).
42. Wonderful Christmas Time – Paul McCartney – This will have your feet a-tapping. You might even go on the dance floor to this one?
43. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) – John & Yoko – This will bring back memories to a lot of people when played. A peace anthem for all.
44. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – The Jackson 5 – You’ll be strutting your stuff to this track on the dance floor. Funky!
45. It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year – Perry Como – I know this track purely through my life size singing Father Christmas. Don’t ask!
46. Driving Home For Christmas – Chris Rea – One for the Dads! Will most likely make people think of packing up on their last day of work for the holidays.
47. I Believe In Father Christmas – Greg Lake – Not really one for the dance floor. Probably best for interval music, but still good!
48. Mistletoe And Wine – Cliff Richard – One of the most popular Christmas songs in the U.K. Most will know this track. A good sing-a-long to calm the evening down.
49. Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses – Didn’t enter the Top 40 in the U.K. but has gained a massive following over the years. A popular choice on radio at Christmas.
50. Mary’s Boy Child – Boney M – I love this track even though the lead singer didn’t really sing on it! One to bop along to after a few drinks and when you’re not feeling that energetic!
After you’ve chosen your party playlist, the most important thing is to have a fun evening! Why not take the worry out of sorting out your own playlist by leaving it to us here at Platinum Disco!
At Platinum Disco, we can provide a DJ suited to your individual needs and budget. We can include specialist mood lighting, led dance floors and personalised moving head light projections. We can also work out a finely tuned playlist, which your guests can also be a part of by listing their preferences via our Playlist page.
Let Platinum Disco make your night a night to remember.